As we move through uncertain times, we want to remind you of the good that remains. We want to remind you that Bishop Ludden will continue to be a source for hope and support each and every day.
We’re in this together. The Bishop Ludden community has never been stronger.
Right now, we want to support you as best we can. This page is a space we’ve created for you to visit and turn to when it comes to caring for your spiritual, mental and physical health. It includes suggested prayers, self-care activities, inspiring blogs, articles, and free resources you can access online.
Mr. Baer’s Weekly Mindfulness
Mr. Geoff Baer comes to Bishop Ludden with over 30 years as a School Counselor and Mental Health professional. He has always had a deep and sincere connection to his Church and Parish life and loves his role with us as a Support Counselor. Mr. Baer is highly skilled in anxiety reduction, neuroscience approach’s to fear and panic and practices as a holistic counselor; serving the whole person.
Mr. Baer gathers these links weekly for our students:
Oswego County BOCES Team that teaches SEL (Social Emotional Learning)
22 Gratitude Exercises That Will Change Your Life
Your Daily Break. A dash of Mindfulness-based SEL for each day of the week!
It’s important to practice self-care and things that support emotional and mental health during stressful times. Here are some suggestions:
- Reach out to those you love by calling or texting. Ask for and offer reassurance as best you can.
- Follow guidelines suggested by trustworthy sources. World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are both trusted and reliable.
- Schedule regular breaks from the news and social media by stepping outside and engaging in self-care activities: watch a favorite movie, read a book, listen to podcasts, etc.
- Look to the future with hope by holding on to the things that bring you joy.
Part of caring for ourselves involves finding ways to have fun and be joyful. These free resources will help you do just that!
- Explore these resources from Shine
- Watch Metropolitan Opera performances for free
- Take a virtual tour of a museum
- See animals at various zoos via webcam
- Use Scholastic’s free resources as activities for your kids
- Check out these videos about how to be OK in stressful times
- Host a virtual Netflix Party with friends
- Bring good news into your newsfeed by following Good Good Good
- From Hawaii to Alaska, take a virtual tour of a few National Parks
We’re here for you.
In this time of economic uncertainty, we hesitate to ask for your donations; however, if you feel inclined, we’d appreciate your financial support.
Sixteen current Bishop Ludden families are requesting an increase in financial assistance directly related to COVID-19. We are also supplying twelve Ludden families with food and toiletries. Additionally, we believe there is a need to provide students extra financial assistance for the 2020-21 school year.
Any gifts made to the 2019-2020 Annual Fund between now and July 31 will be directed to these emergency reserves. Your support will help our school community stay together and move forward.
You can give by visiting online; by mailing your gift to: Bishop Ludden Jr-Sr High School, 815 Fay Road, Syracuse New York, 13219; or by calling 315-579-0061.