International Student Application Process
Bishop Ludden Junior–Senior High School welcomes international students to join our community. A well-qualified international applicant has a strong academic record and sufficient English language proficiency to perform well in a challenging college preparatory environment. The majority of the international students that begin their education with Bishop Ludden complete the requirements for High School graduation and are accepted into many U.S. universities and colleges. As one of the top 3 private, Catholic high schools in Syracuse, N.Y., students receive the noticeable benefits of smaller class sizes for proper college readiness, a variety of extracurricular activities and faith-centered education.
Complete the steps below to begin your path as a Bishop Ludden student and experience the Bishop Ludden difference.
Bishop Ludden Jr-Sr High School accepts international students for fall and spring entry. Download an Application for Admission and return the application, along with the required $300 application fee to:
Bishop Ludden Jr-Sr High School
815 Fay Rd.
Syracuse, NY 13219
Please include with your application:
- Transcripts or other records of courses taken
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Provide a TOEFL test (or similar exam) summary and score report. Please note that SLEP is not an acceptable test of English proficiency.
- Copy of Student’s Passport
You may also send the items by email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, send items by fax to (315) 468-0097
Schedule an Interview
Once these documents have been received and reviewed, an interview with the admissions teams will be arranged. International student applicants must demonstrate proficiency in all areas of English: writing, speaking, listening and reading.
SEVIS I-901 Fee
The admissions committee will review the documents, discuss the interview, and make a decision on the application for admission.
Once accepted, students must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and apply for a student visa. More information on paying the SEVIS fee is online, here: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html
Please provide receipt of payment when completed. Students must apply to their local U.S. consulate or embassy for an F-1 visa. More information is online, here: https://www.usembassy.gov/
When interviewing for a Student Visa, please bring:
- A signed I-20 form issued by the school
- A completed application Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after the proposed date of entry into the U.S.
- One 2”x2” photo
- A fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee
- A SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
- Scores from standardized tests
- Financial evidence showing that the prospective student has sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of intended study. (i.e. bank statements or tax documents).
Full tuition and fee payments for international students are due September 1st each year.
Tuition: 2022-2023 school year $19,000.
An additional student support fee might be required. Please contact the enrollment office.
If you have any questions, please contact Jim Ryan, Director of Marketing and Enrollment Management at email@example.com or call (315) 579-0086