Athletic Hall of Fame
The mission of the Bishop Ludden High School Athletic Hall Of Fame is to recognize, honor, and perpetuate the memory of those outstanding athletes, coaches, administrators, and friends who enhance the proud, rich tradition of Ludden sports through participation, leadership and/or support, and have made outstanding contributions to Bishop Ludden Athletics. These individuals personify what it means to be part of the Ludden Community, where character, commitment and community come together in a school for all.
CATEGORIES FOR RECOGNITION
- School Faculty/Staff
- Special Recognition
ELAPSE TIME FOR INDUCTION
- 15 years since graduation – athlete or team
- 5 years of involvement for coach or school faculty/staff
- Committees discretion for those deserving of special / community service
NOMINATION PROCESS SCHEDULE
- Application – For Inaugural Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony for 2021 electronic nomination form will be on school website only.
- Timeline for nominations: September 1 – October 15, 2020
- Nominator to provide data for their nominee’s document as stated on the nomination form page
- Nominees being represented by multiple applications will receive a single review as a whole
- All nominees not selected for current year induction will be considered for induction in subsequent years. Nominators may request feedback and edit nomination as applicable in future year
- The HOF inductions will be a biennial event
- Inaugural Inductee Announcement Event – November 2020
- The event announcement date for the 2021 inductees will be published during October 2020 and circulated by various medias.
THE INAUGURAL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY IN 2021
- The ceremony details will be announced during the inductee announcement in November 2020.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The purpose of establishing the Bishop Ludden High School Athletic Hall Of Fame is to honor those men and women who have made meaningful contributions to the Bishop Ludden athletic program. The recognition is inclusive of graduates who have exhibited a degree of accomplishment in their field of endeavor after having distinguished themselves in their interscholastic athletic pursuits while at Bishop Ludden High School. This also encompasses varsity coaches and loyal supporters who have devoted themselves to the betterment of the Bishop Ludden Athletic Community.
Selection Criteria (Athlete):
1. Graduate of Bishop Ludden High School.
2. Honoree must have graduated at least 15 years ago.
3. Participation in, with distinction, at least two years of varsity athletics in either one or more sports.
4. Exhibits an exceptional degree of accomplishment in his/her professional endeavors and interpersonal relationships which reflects well on the honoree, his/her character, and Bishop Ludden High School.
Selection Criteria (School Faculty & Staff / Special Recognition):
1. Ineligible under the Athlete Selection Criteria above.
2. A friend of Bishop Ludden High School.
3. A person who has distinguished themself in their support of athletics at Bishop Ludden.
4. Exhibits an exceptional degree of accomplishment in professional endeavors and interpersonal relationships which reflect well on the honoree’s character and the school.
5. Selection limitations per year are at the sole discretion of the Bishop Ludden Hall of Fame
Selection Criteria (Coaches):
1. Honoree must have coached a Varsity level sport at Bishop Ludden High School for at least 5 years.
2. A person who has distinguished him/herself in their field and during their tenure at Bishop Ludden.
Selection Criteria (Teams):
1. A specific team (one unique season of sport) may be inducted as a group into the Hall of Fame.
2. The team may be selected based on team record and accomplishments, impact on the sport and the community and unique circumstances reflecting the embodiment of team unity or individual sacrifice for the greater good.
3. Teams are not eligible for induction until 10 years past the season of note.
All information for individuals nominated and not selected for current year induction will remain on file and will be reviewed each year.