Dear Parents and Guardians,
Bishop Ludden administrators are continuing to plan for the school’s reopening this fall by focusing on a full in-person return of students and staff with remote instruction for those families who decide to keep their child home.
We are finalizing the final framework for our in-person model:
• Students in grades 7-12 will attend each day, in smaller class sizes. Students will have daily interactions with their teachers.
• Students and staff will be grouped and remain in the same rooms or areas as much as possible.
• School bus protocols will be determined by each student’s school district.
This preliminary framework follows the school’s review of the three scenarios: full return to school, the hybrid model, or a full remote model. This framework goes along with the findings in our recent parent/guardian survey, collaboration with neighboring districts, consultation with Superintendent Crist and representatives from the Onondaga County Executive Offices.
Our plan includes matters such as health/safety, technology, facilities, attendance, and social-emotional well-being. Additionally, the plan provides information focused on:
• Daily student/staff health screenings
• Face covering and social distance requirements
• Enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting material
• Enhanced social-emotional support
• Department of Health testing, monitoring, and containment protocols
• Athletics and extracurricular activities information
A detailed plan is linked below.
It is important to mention that how our instructional plan continues throughout the school year is dependent on conditions in the community and how they evolve. We are excited to have a full return to school and are fully committed to preventing a full remote learning requirement. However, we must remain flexible. The health, safety, and welfare of our students and staff will always be our priority and will guide us in all our decision making.
We cannot do this without your help and support. We are in this together.